At NSD there is no cap nor budget on safety training. We want our staff to have access to the best possible training to eliminate harm. A full Health and Safety matrix is available to demonstrate the levels of training that is involved.
A great deal of responsibility is placed on Management and staff to promote safe working attitudes and we actively encourage all our staff to take ownership of their safety and that of the colleagues around them.
Northern Steel Decking’s Health and Safety Policy recognises the need to constantly develop its methods of working to minimise and remove risk. Because of this we put a huge importance in ensuring our work force is trained to FASET, UKMDA standards and to NVQ level to ensure the safest possible working ethos. This includes (and is constantly developing):
- Investing heavily in training and equipping its installation staff.
- All Decking installation, welding and netting teams are directly employed and are fully trained to NVQ accreditation
- Personal Protective Equipment is a constantly evolving item and at NSD we are always looking to find PPE that can further reduce risk. All site staff are provided with:
- Job specific Personal Protective Equipment
- Lace up Safety Boots with mid sole protection to BS EN ISO 20345
- Grade F Eye protection at all times and task specific grade B goggles and face shields conforming to the specification EN:166
- Helmet mounted Ear defenders to BS EN 352-3-SNR36, 4 point chin strap WAH specific hard hats to BS EN 50365 and flame retardant clothing
- Full safety arrest systems in the form of safety netting are designed and erected by directly controlled netting teams
Today these self-sufficient installation teams are the backbone of Northern Steel Decking.